10. Three of the four presidents on Mount Rushmore were surveyors.
9. Since they determine where a bridge, road or tunnel begins and ends, construction surveyors are among the first professionals on a job site.
8. Graduates entering the field of surveying don’t ask if they can find a job. Instead, they decide where they would like to work.
7. Geodetic surveyors use the 24 satellites circling the Earth to pinpoint the exact location – within centimeters – of an object on land.
6. Surveyors collect data inside, outside, from planes, mountains and under water.
5. Oil spill or leaking hazardous waste? Surveyors to the rescue! Surveyors map the area that is and will be impacted. Their data aids in clean up and helps identify…
4. Surveyors collect the data to map the Earth.
3. Average starting salary for a certified surveyor is $44K annually.
2. Every day tools include 3D laser scanning systems, sonar, satellites, high- precision GPS, GIS computers and robots.
1. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the bottom line is green, very green for surveyors.